Monday, June 12, 2017

SRC Shin Mazinger Zero review


It all starts here


While its been a while since I've updated this blog, I decided to give a shot at reviewing figures. I'll be frank I'm not very good at this, so please bare with me here! I'll do my best to provide you folks with a good, accurate review.

SUPER ROBOT CHOGOKIN: SHIN MAZINGER ZERO 



Retail Price:11,880 JPY 
Released: May 2017


http://i.imgur.com/TpmXPzH.jpg




The Super Robot Chogokin toy line is a smaller, scale down budget friendly version of Bandai's legendary Soul of Chogokin toy line which is far more expensive. The SRC toy line, from personal experience, has some great articulation and engineering despite its size. the toy line focuses on some rare and obscure mecha, like God Raideen, J-Decker, Godsigma, Might Gaine and many others. the price for most of the SRC toy line goes from 50$ up to 124$ depending on the rarity of the figure, which can sometimes be a hassle because of scalpers who will resell some of the figures at absurd prices.  Their latest release is the Shin Mazinger Zero which is based of the manga written by Yoshiaki Tabata and Illustrated by Yuki Yogo, and also debuted in Super Robot Wars V





 So how does this beefier meaner looking Mazinger figure fair off against previous Maiznger related releases? Well, lets find out. 



ACCESSORIES



Out of the box this is exactly what you get, 2 additional hand manipulators, the blades for the Iron Cutter, Hover Pilder and the Jet Scrander, it may not be enough accessories for 100$ this die-cast figure excels is at it's articulation, detail and gimmicks. This is clearly a collectors item and should be treated as such. 



 DESIGN

This beautiful sculpture and defined lines captures the Mazinger Zero's menacing look from the Manga. The detailing and beefier sculpture of a Mazinger design makes this figure very heavy however this doesn't hinder it's articulations. Although I will say that I had issues with the Horns where they continued to fall off constantly while trying to make a pose with the figure. I have to say that compared to other SRC toys like Mazinkaiser the horns are the weakest parts of this figure and you are in danger of losing the horns for good due to its small size and that will suck, no doubt about it.Another issue with the figure is the Jet Scander, it was difficult to use a stand due to its size, not only that it was not possible to switch parts from previous SRC Mazinger figures so that was a slight let down.  but overall I am very pleased with this figure despite the lack of accessories. if you're Mazinger Fan and love Shin Mazinger Zero I strongly recommend the SRC. If not hold for a future version release with more gimmicks, if it ever happens. If you read this far, thanks! I hope my review was of help, and I welcome suggestions and criticism to make better reviews in the future


GALLERY





No comments:

Post a Comment